Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's Really Snowy

Me, in Zuccotti Park.
I'm a planner.   I schedule meetings, I use workflowy.com, and I have lists hanging up all around my desk.  I have been writing myself schedules since I was in elementary school, and every year my favorite item to purchase at the beginning of the school year was my new planner.  It's just the way I function.

That's why this January in New York City is starting to drive me a up a wall.  I can deal with a few days of snow.  However, the horrendous weather over the last four weeks has seriously delayed several projects at work and in my personal life (including my triathlon training and helping my dad move into an apartment).   Last night's storm broke a new record: we are now living in the snowiest month in New York City's recorded history.

The weather is a reminder that despite our very best efforts to plan for the present and the future, sometimes Mother Nature, fate, Karma, God, etc. has something else in store for us.  So I've given up-- Winter, you win.

And as they say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, so I'm going to do my best to enjoy the snow.  For your viewing benefit I've taken a few shots of wintery Downtown NYC.

View from across the Westside Highway into Battery Park City

Battery Park City walkway

Battery Park City

Battery Park City

Promenade and view of Statue of Liberty

Promenade

Battery Park City

Snowman next to the Westside Highway

Trinity Church and Church Street

Trinity Chruch

Alexander Hamilton's Grave

Trinity Church

Wall Street Subway Stop

Trinity Church
View of Southwest of the island


Ground Zero in the Snow

1 comment:

  1. great article! I'm so tired of this weather. it's awful and ruining my life.

    ReplyDelete