Thursday, November 19, 2015

Voice to Text Errors

As a result of my hand surgery, I've been using the voice to text on my computer to write a lot of my emails.  Below I am including some of the funny translations.

My hand hurts a lot right now.  I've joked with my staff a few times that I feel like my brain is in my hands.  Its's a lot harder for me to get work done when I can only use my hands for a couple hours a day before I have to call it quits and ask for help.  I'll have the pins taken back out of my fingers in about three weeks.

In the meantime I'm looking for someone to be my 'right-hand' --someone who can basically write emails for me, help me use the computer, and take notes for me in meetings.  If you know someone looking for temporary work please let me know.  I think it might be a really cool way for someone interested in learning about all that goes into running a fast growing start-up nonprofit.  Email me at maurya@scripted.org with your phone number and i'll give you a call back - its much easier for me to speak than type right now!

And now my speech to text translations!  I didn't include as many as i hoped because copy/paste is hard right now :/  ......


Me: ScriptEd Hackathon Judging Information
Voice to text: Dad have fun judging me information

Me: You can just sign up and go
Voice to Text: you can just Final bingo

Me: I look forward to seeing you
Voice to Text: I will report thing you

Me: Becca
Voice to Text: Fuck

Me: Becca
Voice to Text: Baccha

Me: Becca
Voice to Text: Back I

Me: Hi Vika
Voice to Text: Hyvee cup

Me: Did you hear anything back about the last newsletter?
Voice to Text: Did you hear anything back from Austin's letters

1 comment: