Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Living Alone

On December 31st, I started living alone for the first time ever in my entire life.

I'm two weeks in. It's pretty amazing.

I moved into my apartment in March and had a roommate until mid-July. My fresh-out-of-college little brother moved into my apartment in August, and lived with me until he was able to secure his first full-time job (congratulations, Josh!).

The first week felt strange, but I got used to it quickly.  I'm spending a lot of time cleaning, decorating, reading, writing (it's grant writing season.. so tons and tons of writing happening now!) and sleeping.

I don't know how long I'll live alone, or if it's something all end up liking in the long run, but for now it's great. I've always wanted to try it, and for a long time I didn't think it would ever happen.  I'm proud of myself for making it happen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm coming from the opposite side. I lived alone for 7 years before moving in with a roommate a couple months ago. While I love my roommate, I'd much rather live alone. I like being able to clean when I want, blast music, and have privacy everywhere.

    ReplyDelete