Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Treat Employees like Customers

I'm embracing a new work philosophy: To treat ScriptEd's employees as if they are my most important customers.

Over the weekend I spoke with a friend who has been running a company for a long time, and he mentioned that this was one of the most important lessons he's learned. Hearing this idea was a lightbulb moment for me.

My job continues to change everyday, and recently I've found myself spending more time than ever before listening, delegating, and managing. Now, my primary responsibility is to help ScriptEd's employees do their jobs as well as they can. The best way I can do that is to make sure the team is happy, healthy, fulfilled and productive. They are the boots on the ground carrying out ScriptEd's mission and maintaining our relationships with schools, students, volunteers and companies.

Who's got some creative ideas for me on awesome things I can do for ScriptEd's staff?

No comments:

Post a Comment