Monday, August 31, 2015

Two Weeks of New Workouts

It's been a bit since I've done a triathlon post.

I had a great National Championship race three weeks ago (see the caption here).  This summer, I trained for triathlons more seriously than I have in past summers and after the race, I felt even more motivated to commit myself to trying to make the world championship next season. I think with the right amount of training and focus, I'm completely capable of doing it.

So I'm going for it.  I've started working with a coach, and have done crazy amounts of working out in the last two weeks -- definitely the most intense training I've done in the last 10 years. I'm really tired and hungry all the time, but I am already starting to notice that my body is changing and adapting.  My running is getting a little faster.  I am noticing new muscles in my legs that I didn't know I had.

This also means a bit of a lifestyle change for me. Normally during this time of year I start easing off of my workouts and returning to a more "normal" life -- one more similar to my non-triathlete friends who get to stay up and get up late on weekends and take vacations that don't revolve around training schedules.

But I think it's worth it. I think I would really regret not making my best effort at this -- I might never have the opportunity again in my life, so I think I've got to try now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment