Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Wallpaper Update

On Monday, I wrote a post about the WeWork bathroom wallpaper. I have also posted a few instagram photos here, here and here about the wallpaper. This has generated a lot of conversation on both Twitter and Facebook, and when we arrived back to the office from our internship training yesterday we found a ton more post it notes on the bathroom wall (which were removed almost immediately after I tweeted about there being more post it notes...)

Here's a more full story of what's been happening.  We first submitted a complaint about the wallpaper to WeWork last Thursday, May 28th. We did not receive a response to the complaint, so I followed up with them yesterday (Tuesday, June 2nd) again.  The Community Team at FiDi said I would need to address the issue with the Brand Team at WeWork.  Here's the exchange we had:

Me to WeWork:


WeWork Response:


Here's to hoping this gets resolved. While WeWork strives to be edgy, cool and forward thinking in its decor, I think we can all agree that there is nothing edgy, cool or forward thinking about objectifying women. That's been going on for ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment