Friday, September 25, 2015

Scaling back

Last night, one of our volunteers mentioned to me that he really enjoyed my blog, and especially my earlier blog posts.  I tend to agree with him. This is something I've been thinking a lot about the last few weeks.

Beginning this May, I revived my blog and started publishing something every day. It's been a terrific practice to help me reflect and process things that are happening to me and ScriptEd.

I often find myself, however, staring at my computer and forcing myself to write down whatever I can in 10-20 minutes. There are a lot of other things I want to write about, but they'll take more than 10 or 20 minutes to get down, so they've been sitting on the back burner for a while.

Starting next week, I'm going to scale back this blog so I can focus on writing the things that take me more than 10 minutes to complete.  I will aim to publish something at least one time per week (possibly more, but I'll hold myself accountable to 1x per week). I'll still probably continue to write every day as a personal exercise, but it won't appear on this blog.  I hope that scaling back will allow me more time to work on some more thoughtful pieces. We'll see how it goes.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment