Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Last Tri of the Season: 5 Days Away

On Sunday, I'll compete in the Westchester Triathlon - my last triathlon of the 2015 season.  As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I've started working with a triathlon coach to up my game for the 2016 season. I've followed a new work out plan for the past six weeks, and I'm noticing a lot of changes already.  I'm going faster on the bike and the run. My pants are getting a little bit too big for me. I've spent a lot of time feeling really tired and beat up as a result of all the work, and I've needed to re-learn the importance of stretching, but I feel confident that it's paying off big time.

I'm also coming to the end of my first season training with the Brooklyn Tri Club.  I really love being part of the team. Going to practices in the morning before work help make me happy and motivated for the rest of the day.  I joke with my non-triathlete friends that it feels like I've finally found my people (that is: people who don't think I'm completely insane for getting up early / doing crazy workouts / competing for fun).  It's a great community.

This season has been a terrific reminder of the fun that comes with being part of a team, the importance of coaching, and of my epic and continuing love affair with the sport.



No comments:

Post a Comment