Thursday, July 30, 2015

Ikea Customer Service is Beyond Awful

This morning, I spent about two and half hours on the phone with Ikea's customer service. My roommate recently moved out, so I ordered a bunch of furniture a few weeks ago to furnish the extra bedroom. 

I scheduled the delivery for today, July 30th. The window for delivery was 8am-9pm, so I called Ikea yesterday to check if I could get a more discrete time period. The person I spoke with assured me someone would call that night to give me a four-hour time block for delivery.

Last night, I received an email confirming my delivery date for today, but no time frame.  I received another email this morning again confirming today as the delivery date, but still -- no time frame.

So I called Ikea. After a long time on hold, they let me know that the delivery would not arrive until Monday -- not today.  I have guests staying over on Sunday night, and had my little brother sitting in my apartment waiting for the delivery for me, so I let them know that this wasn't acceptable and that I needed the delivery sooner than that.  

The person I spoke with told me it was out of Ikea's hands -- that I would need to contact the delivery company they contracted. So I did, and they told me the same thing -- Monday.

I called Ikea back and told them I needed to cancel my order all together.  I needed a bed by Sunday night, and if they couldn't get it to me, I would go out and get it on my own on before then.  After another hour of back and forth, they finally got the delivery company to commit to delivering the furniture on Sunday morning.
----

Fast forward to right now .. about 2 hours after all of this (I'm on hold with Ikea as I'm writing this). I just got a voicemail from Ikea saying that they would not be able to deliver on Sunday -- that it would not arrive until Monday or Tuesday. So I called back and said I needed to just cancel my order all together.  

The representative now tells me that she should be able to cancel the order (after contacting the delivery company to confirm that she can .. ??) but that they would not be able to refund my delivery charge.

This still isn't resolved, and I've forked over hours of my day to Ikea at this point. I'm off the phone again, and they still have not confirmed that my delivery has been cancelled. I'm feeling incredibly frustrated.

Now I'm just praying that I can at the very least get a refund.


No comments:

Post a Comment