Monday, July 20, 2015

NYC Tri Race Recap / Onwards!

Team ScriptEd competed in the New York City Triathlon yesterday in the exhausting heat. Everyone finished, and everyone did great. Congratulations!

This was ScriptEd's first time fundraising through an athletic event.  I kept our team relatively small this year so I could determine whether or not this would be a good fundraising mechanism for us.  It turns out that it is: our 16 athletes collectively raised nearly $45,000 (both through our crowdrise campaign and through offline donations).  It was also a great community building event and bonding experience for our staff and community.

I feel pretty confident that we'll sign up as charity partners again for next year's race.

For me: I didn't have a great race. I was hoping for a best time, and added five minutes to my time from last year instead.  I had a ton of fun, though.  It's really a special occasion to have so many people I know racing and cheering at a triathlon, and it was great to have the chance to combine my two passions. I'm looking forward to competing in the National Championships in Milwaukee in a few weeks!
Some of our triathletes post-race, planning for next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment