Monday, July 27, 2015

Working From Home

Today, I'm working from home. I got back late yesterday from a weekend trip with some ScriptEd volunteers, and had to return a rental car this morning, so it just made more sense for me to stay in Brooklyn.

I'm not sure how I feel about working from home.  I don't feel as productive as I do when I'm in the office, but at the same time, I didn't have any in-person meetings today (only phone calls), so I've saved a bunch of commuting time (probably around 1.5 hours) and I was also was able to take care of a few personal things that I've neglected for weeks (like grocery shopping) with the extra time.

I feel a little guilty when I work from home. I can't put my finger on why I have this hang-up. I know my team is in the office today - so I should be too, right?  At the same time, I know I can easily connect to them via phone, email or video chat if we need each other.  I also know that I'm a really hard worker and I will do whatever needs to be done regardless of my location, and that if it's really necessary, I will just get on the train and go in. Still, I feel a little guilty.

Does anyone else ever feel like this?

I'll work through making sense of this all eventually. One thing I know for sure is that I'm incredibly lucky to even have the option of working from home.

In the meantime, take a look at the desk, printer and scanner I setup this morning so I can more easily get work done while I'm here!


No comments:

Post a Comment